New Louisville eateries visited this trip – it’s a bigger list than usual:
- Gander – Have only tried the black and blue salad with steak, and it was excellent. Worth a visit.
- Corner Kitchen (Asheville) – Good not great. Probably will try somewhere else if/when we visit again.
- Cultured – Recommended, great charcuterie!
- Hauck’s – Good atmosphere, bad food.
- Copper and Kings – Great Sunday brunch on the rooftop, but limited menu.
- Le Relais (not really new, but haven’t been there in years) – Absolutely great meal and great wine list. Probably the best of the trip. Recommended, but expensive.
- Steak and Bourbon – Only had the wedge salad, but it was very good. Disappointing wine list.
- Condado Tacos – Meh. Not great.
- Taco Choza – Recommended, really liked their food.
Also visited some of the old reliables including Joella’s, Burger Girl, Gelato Gilberto, Blue Dog, Big Bad Breakfast and Con Huevos. They didn’t disappoint. As usual, we didn’t cook much while here. So many restaurants, so little time.