This is a pretty great way to start the day. Yo, Obama! Miss that guy and his sense of humor.
As far as I’m concerned, this is 100% great news. From the Occupy Democrats website:
- Expands Medicare benefits: free vaccines (2023), $35/month insulin (2023) and caps out-of-pocket drug costs to an estimated $4,000 or less in 2024 and settling at $2,000 in 2025
- Lowers energy bills: cuts energy bills by $500 to $1,000 per year
- Makes historic climate investment: reduces carbon emissions by roughly 40% by 2030
- Lowers health care costs: saves the average enrollee $800/year in the ACA marketplace, allows Medicare to negotiate 100 drugs over the next decade, and requires drug companies to rebate back price increases higher than inflation
- Creates manufacturing jobs: more than $60 billion invested will create millions of new domestic clean manufacturing jobs
- Invests in disadvantaged communities: cleaning up pollution and taking steps to reducing environmental injustice with $60 billion for environmental justice
- Closes tax loopholes used by wealthy: a 15% corporate minimum tax, a 1% fee on stock buybacks and enhanced IRS enforcement
- Protects families and small business making $400,000 or less
All of this, while still reducing the federal deficit by over $300 billion.
What’s not to like? I’m sure the GOP will twist and turn these facts into something that sounds horrible, but this is a straight-up win for most citizens.