This has been a very foodie visit to Louisville. So far, my restaurant stops have included:
- Ciao – best Caprese Salad in quite a while (pictured above). And monkey bread.
- Con Huevos – multiple visits, loving their pork enchiladas and green sauce.
- Joella’s – great chicken sandwich and fries.
- Fork and Barrel – my new favorite Louisville restaurant; the pimento cheese plate appetizer is the best.
- Blue Dog Bakery – always good, but the egg sandwich wasn’t up to expectations.
- Krispi Kreme – the light was on, I had time so I gave in and bought two hot ones. No regrets.
- Greg’s Bistro – son-in-law Greg makes a killer pasta and crostini meal.
- Burger Girl – a good breakfast anytime
- El Nopal – stopped there to get something for the kids quickly, our reasoning was “how bad can it be”? Turns out pretty bad.
I arrived here having lost some weight due to the extreme heat/walking weekend. Pretty sure the foodie stops have negated that.