Quick updates after a day back in the heartland:
- Got my rapid COVID test results (thanks, Donnie!). Negative, so no worries around the kids and family.
- Got to hold new grandson Jessamine for a long time today. It was worth the trip. Picture above was before receiving test results.
- Have a great little bistro / wine bar just a block from the BnB – Varanese. Talked at length to the owner Dave, who is also a wine enthusiast. Had a great little GSM from Australia (yes, Australia!). Brother Mike and I met there, sat outside in the diminishing heat.
- Breakfast and brunch here have become complicated. There are so many takeout orders, if you just show up for a coffee and a bite it takes forever. Tested the old patience first thing today.
- Wicked hot and windy here today (93F), but supposed to cool down and be much less humid for the next week.
- I’ll give it another night or two before final judgement, but my first night on the BnB mattress was amazing. Best mattress ever, I think. It’s a Zinus.
All in all, an excellent first day.