I don’t have much to say lately. There are some interesting things happening in the world, but my overall reaction to them is “meh, whatever”. Here’s a list of short thoughts.
- Elon Musk continues to poison his reputation and his brands. His bizarre behavior aside, Starship’s second launch was awesome. Big success, even though both the Super Heavy booster and the Ship itself blew up just after they (over)achieved their mission goals.
- KY football is regressing, fast. Maybe Mark Stoops isn’t the great coach he was reputed to be.
- I just learned that almost everyone I know is taking Ozempic. My friends are getting skinnier.
- Trying to find a health insurance solution that covers us in both KY and CA, allows some choice of MDs, and isn’t crazy expensive is a real challenge. I have less than two weeks to figure it out before open enrollment ends. (Who the hell decided that you get to make this oh-so-important decision only once per year during a random couple of weeks?)
- The second season of For All Mankind is as good as the first.
- Thanksgiving is only five days away. The Cookening begins.
And that’s all, folks. No deep thoughts, no clever stories. Maybe that’s why it’s called No-vember.