I’m feeling my age lately. When did:
- Something that used to get published or released, get “dropped”?
- A writer become a “content creator”?
- An essay, story, and/or pictures, become simply “content”?
- Every smiling young person become an “influencer”?
- Humans exist in more than two sexes?
- DWI become DUI? And now it’s OVI. WTF is OVI?
- Half of everyone stop trusting scientists and doctors (i.e., those who actually know things)?
- Everyone get so damn sensitive about everything?
I suppose this is a natural part of getting old – you notice the little things that the next generation(s) have “decided” without consulting you. Or in direct opposition to you.
The whole content creator / influencer culture is hard to stomach. A cult of personality for those with no purpose in life. I know, I shouldn’t care. But I’m an old dude and that’s what we do.